Happy Star Trek day! The official events begin at 5:30 PM PST on StarTrek.com. It will include panels and reveal. We will share everything announced. We got a bit of Star Trek news this morning for GOG. They are bringing back eight classic Trek games, now playable on modern computers. Here are the games and descriptions from GOG:
- Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force
- a first-person shooter set onboard the USS Voyager where you must take on some of the most dangerous special missions.
- Star Trek: Elite Force 2
- a stunning sequel set on Enterprise-E where you get your orders from Captain Jean-Luc Picard himself!
- Star Trek: Away Team
- an isometric turn-based tactical game influenced by titles like Commandos and the X-Com series.
- Star Trek: Armada
- a real-time strategy game
- Star Trek: Bridge Commander
- a space combat simulation game that sits you in an actual captain’s chair with a crew waiting for your orders.
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3
- a simulation game with RPG elements where you can customize your starship and lead it into space battles.
- Star Trek: Hidden Evil
- a third-person adventure game with both Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner reprising their roles as Captain Picard and Lt. Cmdr. Data.
- Star Trek: Armada 2
- a continuation of Armada. Real-time strategy game.
GOG worked with Activision to create workable versions of the games. Some games are still in the works and coming in the future. They are $9.99 each on GOG.com!
Here are the intros to some of these games to get you hyped for your next planet-hopping journey!